"I'm sending this blog from Valencia, we've just packed up the truck and motorhome and preparing to leave for Switzerland this afternoon. Putting away all the pole watches and trophies from 2012 and sorting out my suits and boots etc has made it sink in a little more that I'm leaving. I'm not a very emotional person, but I'm definitely feeling it a little now. My team have been like my second family and the race track like a second home since I can remember, so it's going to be weird not to be around this week when they are testing for 2013."
"The race weekend was pretty frustrating, I wish we could have had nice dry conditions for my last race, but I guess we used up all our luck with the weather in Phillip Island! I really didn't' want to go out and race in the wet conditions here in Valencia and I am pretty pleased to have taken a final podium in my last race. We had some good friends over from Australia for the race and also Chaz (Davies) and his girlfriend came to visit. Even if on-track the race weekend wasn't ideal, it was nice to have some mates around and come to the awards ceremony on Sunday night with us. I miss quality social time and it's something we're definitely looking forward to having more of!"
"It's been a very long few weeks and I'm relieved that the season has come to an end and I've escaped damaging my ankle any further. I am disappointed that I wasn't in the championship fight until the end, due to my injury, but this is the way it happens sometimes and I have to live with it. It's just unfortunate it had to happen to me in my final year in MotoGP."
"Now we're heading home, I'm going to unpack my bags and I'm just looking forward to being at home and spending some time together as a family."
"This is my final blog entry on the Repsol site and I appreciate all your comments and the Tweets I receive. Thank you all for your kind support over the course of my career and thanks also to all the people and sponsors who have made it possible. I'm sure I'll be back to visit a race or two next year, maybe I'll chose a wet and cold race so that I can enjoy watching all the riders line up for the race, whilst I'm sipping on a nice cup of tea in the back of the garage…"
Casey!

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg